Thursday, January 5, 2012

Perfect Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies....Everytime!

These little cookies come out perfect everytime and I love a dependable recipe. I put a quarter on top of one just so you could see how cutely small they are!
 
What you need:

2 3/4 C. flour                   3/4 C. lt. brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. baking soda            1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp salt                          2 large eggs
1 C butter, softened         1 1/3 C. mini chocolate chips
3/4 C. sugar                    1/2 C. chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 375. Put flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and give it a stir with your whisk, just to distribute ingredients evenly. (Ever take a bite of cookie that had a taste of baking soda in it?? yuk!)
Mix butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. (Don't be shy here....turn that mixer on high and whip it up!)  Add eggs one at a time and beat some more.  Gradually mix in flour mixture, chips and nuts.  Using a small cookie scoop (if you don't have one...get one) drop onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake 9-11 minutes. Cool for 1 minute and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.  Makes about 90 perfect little cookies.

I love my cookie scoops.  I have a large one and a small one.  It makes those cookies come out exactly the same size everytime.  Check it out:

Again...that's a quarter next to the scoop.  I can't tell you how many other things I use those scoops for.  They're kind of like my mini whisk, invaluable.  I had a friend once ask me if there was a kitchen gadget I didn't have.  I didn't think so.  They make cooking much faster and so much fun!
Make someone you love these perfectly fabulous mini cookies!  I'm taking these to my friend, Kim in Joplin today.

Shhhhhh...don't tell her.

1 comment: