Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trying Some New Things

It's Saturday and I have a lot to do today, so I'll be brief.  I'm trying some new things this week and I'm kind of excited about them.  First, I signed up for a Package Pal from this awesome site, C.R.A.F.T. .  This particular month's program is closed, but I think they are going to do it every other month, so you might want to check it out.  I had never heard of Package Pals before. I have seen something similar on Facebook but it usually requires agreeing to make 5 things and send them out....way to much of a commitment for me! Basically, you agree to make a handmade craft or put together a craft kit and add a few other fun things and send them to someone you've been paired with by the person hosting.  Now how fun is that?
Another interesting and motivating thing I'm trying is The Pinterest Challenge.  You can read about it here, or by clicking on the "I Took The Pinterest Challenge" button on the right of this screen.  I really like the idea of this.  Basically, you post a bucket list of Pinterest projects you want to do (don't we all have them?) and then you do your best to try to get through them.  You can see my bucket list at the top of my page. Now let me just say that I have a lot of stuff pinned on Pinterest that I really like, but my bucket list is stuff I think I can actually do!  Somehow for me, saying something out loud or posting it on my blog makes me really go after and do a project and get it done.  You might want to think about  taking the Pinterest Challenge yourself!
I also signed up for a program called Blogger Sisters from  saMiE Designs.  You can read about it here, or by clicking the button on the right of my screen.  I'm loving this program because it pairs me up with someone who is a more experienced blogger and can give me some advice and tips.  How nice is that?  Thank you saMiE Designs! If you are new to blogging, you really should check it out.
Finally, I'm giving myself a challenge to update or repurpose at least one thing each week.  Whether it's something I have loved and needs a makeover or something I picked up at a thrift shop (yay! a reason to poke around). 
Hopefully, all of these new things will give me inspiration, keep me focused and get me out of the house at least once a week. I am a serious homebody and love it, but I have a car in my driveway that wants to go somewhere sometimes!! 
Hope your weekend is great and you find your own new challenges. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and becoming a follower via the new Linky tool. I am following you back as well and look forward to reading your future posts. I hope all your new challenges are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there

    just wanted to let you know
    that i am a new follower via GFC and LF

    i hope you'll return the favor!

    alison

    ReplyDelete